As a St. Albans Lacrosse player, you should expect that the coaches will work hard, will prepare you for competition, and will conduct themselves honorably.
Meanwhile, the coaches operate under the belief that playing lacrosse at St. Albans is a privilege, and with that privilege comes responsibility. Therefore, we have the following expectations of the young men who play in the St. Albans Lacrosse Program:
ON FIELD EXPECTATIONS
1. NO EXCUSES
2. Hustle at all times: onto the field, off the field, to get in place during dead ball situations, to get in the huddle during timeouts and after the game (win or lose)
3. No talk to referees
4. No talk to opponents
5. Use appropriate language (i.e. do not curse)
6. Suppport your teammates
7. Play with emotion rather than showing excessive emotion
8. Show up on time to practices and meetings
9. Congratulations of opponent after the game, helmet and gloves off
10. PUT TEAM FIRST, above self. PLAY AND ACT SELFLESSLY. This is a TEAM game.
OFF FIELD EXPECTATIONS
1. NO HAZING.. Hazing "refers to any activity expected of someone joining
a group (or to maintain full status in a group) that humiliates, degreades or
emotional and/or physical harm, regardless of the person's willingness to participate.
In years past, hzaing practices were typically considered harmless prankes
or comical antics associated with young men in college fraternities" (www.stophazing.org).
you have to ask if it's hazing, it is.
2. No drugs, alcohol, or
3.. Act like a responsible citizen in and out of school
4. Give maximum effort in classroom; strive for academic excellence
5. Attend all classes
6. Get involved in other school activities (musical, newspaper, etc.).
This is not mandatory, but you are encouraged to contribute to the
school community outside of lacrosse and academics
7. Communicate with your Head Coach regarding schedule conflicts and
anything; call Coach Lester (varsity) before 10 a.m. if you are not
in school due
to illness (we need to plan practices/games and make adjustments).
for JV players as well. Since your head coach is not on campus, contact
Coach Lester (537-5703).
8. Appropriate rest and sleep during the season.
9. No participation in other organized sports (e.g. soccer, hockey)
during the season, unless special permission granted by the Coach
LOCKER ROOM EXPECTATIONS
1. Lock up your equipment
2. No cleats on in locker room or building
3. Put equipment in locker and not on benches or on top of lockers
4. Clean up locker room after practice.
5. RESPECT FOR TEAM, SCHOOL, AND CUSTODIAL STAFF--GO OUT TO PRACTICE WITH AN ORDERLY ROOM AND CLEAN UP LOCKER ROOM AFTER PRACTICE